The HAC Media Team is the name given to students who work for the department in developing content and events. They write, film, photograph and more for the Trine HAC website. They also assist with various departmental events such as the Humanities Symposia, Book Night and Playing for Pets.
If you have interest joining the HAC Media Team, please see Dr. Sarah Young.
|Fall 2017 HAC Media Team|
|Shantell Asher||Read her articles|
|Clare Danner||Read her articles|
|Lacie Piekarski||Read her articles|
|Sonsee Jenkins||Read her articles|
|Fernando Bauzo||Read his articles|
|Megan Miller||Read her articles|
|Alexis DeLancey-Christiansen||Read her articles|
Application for Employment
Trine University’s HAC Media Team is responsible for creating content for the Humanities and Communication department’s website, www.trinehac.com. Their primary goal is to cover all stories HAC-related, from departmental events to student and faculty profiles. Our current staff is looking for interested HAC majors and minors to fulfill the following tasks:
- Interviewing prospective subjects for articles
- Developing error-free copy
- Taking professional-level photographs to accompany stories
- Assisting in the copy editing of submitted articles
- Attending all required departmental events
- Completing all other related projects assigned by the Editor in Chief (video projects, audio projects, etc.)
- Attending all team meetings
Members of the HAC Media Team must fit the following criteria:
- Be in AT LEAST the second semester of their freshman year
- Be a current HAC major, minor, or both
- Be able to meet deadlines
- Be able to work collaboratively with others
- Be able to attend a team meeting every week (approximately 1 hour)
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a desire to promote the department through frequent upkeep of the website and promotion of departmental events
In addition, please submit TWO writing samples. Journalistic, Associated Press, or public relations-style work is ideal for submission, but merely academic pieces are acceptable for submission, as well.
For any questions regarding this application, please contact Editor-in-Chief, Clare Danner.